Trainings specific to your group
We can train your team to:
- Plan, design, and implement a photovoice project
- Facilitate photovoice sessions
- Conduct literature reviews
- Use photovoice for evaluation
- Develop and maintain photo/video databases
- Conduct creative facilitation with participatory photography
- Interpret photovoice data
- Develop in-person and online outreach and exhibits
We work alongside you to develop interactive, engaging workshops that are carefully tailored to your specific needs.
Our photovoice training and professional development workshops can be offered online or in person.
Veterans Affairs, Maryland Health Care System, Mental Illness Research, Education & Clinical Center (MIRECC)
Women Veterans in the U.S. face challenges when accessing VA healthcare services, including being perceived as “not really Veterans” and being subject to inappropriate gender-based talk. Some Veterans – men and women – want to stand up against this harassment but do not know how.
The VA’s Mental Illness Research, Education & Clinical Center (MIRECC) in Baltimore, Maryland decided to use Photovoice to inform an intervention to help Veterans mitigate gender-based harassment in VA healthcare facilities. They thought that Photovoice could be effective at engaging women Veterans in sharing their experiences and identifying solutions.
The investigator asked PhotovoiceWorldwide to facilitate a one-day, in-person Photovoice workshop for MIRECC researchers, staff, and peer leaders. PhotovoiceWorldwide:
- Worked closely with the investigator to tailor the photovoice training to the team’s needs
- Developed a fun, interactive, in-person training that included lecture, hands-on activities, Q&A, and brainstorming
- Facilitated team learning on the Photovoice process and steps, ethical considerations, and ways to encourage sharing and translate the learning in future
Despite interruptions due to Covid-19, the MIRECC team has been recruiting participants, conducting photo interviews and photovoice group discussions, and doing a rapid analysis of their data.
PhotovoiceWorldwide has helped the team to brainstorm changes, for example, identifying ways to work virtually when in-person photovoice meetings were not possible.