Long and Short-term Consulting
For example, we can:
- Train your team members
- Advise on project activities and timeline
- Facilitate photovoice sessions
- Advise and conduct data analysis
- Plan and implement photovoice for evaluation
- Create and format online and in-person exhibits
Indiana University, School of Medicine: Leveling the Playing Field for Anxiety Disorders
Indiana University’s School of Medicine (IU) conducted an exploratory project on emergency department (ED) care for people with anxiety disorders. The project’s co-investigator decided to use the Photovoice method with patient-partners to better understand their perspectives on the problem of inadequate ED care.
When she approached PhotovoiceWorldwide about consulting, we were happy to partner on the project. Our first steps were to:
- Train the peer leaders and co-investigator in photovoice
- Design and plan the photovoice sessions (together with their team)
- Facilitate the photovoice sessions remotely using Zoom.
© Wildstyle Photography
Additional PhotovoiceWorldwide work included:
- Discussing photos one-on-one and with the group over Zoom
- Posting draft captions online and commenting on the ongoing work
- Formatting the exhibit posters and a project booklet
- Co-authoring a peer review paper with the co-investigator and peer leader.
The final exhibit inspired an expanded research partnership and commitment to a major grant application. The new project was awarded funding from PCORI, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, a U.S.-based nonprofit institute.
PhotovoiceWorldwide continues to partner with IU on a second photovoice project, with the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI Greater Indy). This new project is documenting the experiences of individuals with mental illness during Covid-19 lockdown in Greater Indianapolis. For this new project, PhotovoiceWorldwide has provided the consulting services described above, plus:
- Facilitated one of three photovoice groups (on Zoom)
- Created the project’s online exhibit and designed the in-person exhibit posters
- Designed and implemented an online system using Mentimeter to collect feedback from exhibit viewers on the Photovoice data
- Planned and conducted qualitative data analysis
PhotovoiceWorldwide is excited to collaborate with your team in a meaningful way to provide training and necessary project scaffolding as consulting partners. Let us know how we can support you.