Young Changemakers with a Camera
Facilitator: Stephanie Lloyd, MA. Please contact her directly using stephanie@photovoiceworldwide to schedule your activity.
The main goals for this activity are to increase the potential for youth to be activists and leaders in their communities; experience the power of collective action to spur change; build appreciation for different points of view; develop writing, speaking, problem-solving, and organizational skills; create a product showcasing youth photographs and captions for wider sharing; and encourage action to support community resources and address community challenges.
For each session, kids will need:
- Access to a computer with internet and a camera
- Ability to take and upload photos
- A quiet space for participation in sessions
- Excitement about photos, community activism, or learning new things
- Interest in sharing their point of view and learning from others